Establishment Of Medical College Regulations, 1999
(PUBLISHED IN PART III, SECTION 4 OF THE GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Dated 28th August 1999
MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA
New Delhi, dated 30th July, 1999
(Amendments incorporated in pdf)
NO.MCI …34(41)/98-Med./. In exercise of the powers conferred by section 10A read with section 33 of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956), the Medical Council of India, with the previous sanction of the Central Government, hereby makes the following regulations, namely: -
- Short title and commencement–
- These regulations may be called the Establishment of Medical College Regulations, 1999.
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- In these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires, “medical college” means any institution by whatever name called in which a person may undergo a course of study or training which will qualify him for the award of any recognised graduate medical qualification.
- Words and phrases used in these regulations and not defined but defined in the Act shall have the meaning respectively assigned to them.
- The establishment of a medical college –
No person shall establish a medical college except after obtaining prior permission from the Central Government by submitting a Scheme annexed with these regulations.