Opening of a New or Higher Course of Study or Training Regulation
PUBLISHED IN PART III, SECTION 4 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA,
DATED THE 7TH OCTOBER, 2000) MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA
(Amendments incorporated in pdf)
New Delhi, dated the 14th August, 2000
No.M.C.I.34 (41)2000-Med :- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 10A read with section 33 of the Indian Medical Council Act,1956 (102 of 1956), in super-session of the Establishment of new Medical Colleges, opening of higher courses of study and increase of admission capacity in medical colleges Regulations, 1993, in so far as it relates to application for permission of the Central Government for starting new or higher courses (including PG degree/diploma and higher specialities) in a medical college / institution and application for permission of the Central Government to increase the admission capacity in MBBS/Higher courses (including Diploma/ Degree/ Higher specialities) in the existing medical colleges/institutions, the Medical Council of India, with the previous sanction of the Central Government, hereby makes the following regulations, namely :-
- Short title and commencement:-
- These regulations may be called, 'The Opening of a New or Higher Course of Study or Training (including Post-graduate Course of Study or Training) and Increase of Admission Capacity in any Course of Study or Training (including a Postgraduate Course of Study or Training) Regulations, 2000.
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- In these regulations, unless the context otherwise
- 'Act' means the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956);
- "medical college" means any institution by whatever name called in which a person may undergo a course of study or training including any post graduate course of study or training which will qualify him for the award of a recognised medical qualification.
- Words and phrases used in these regulations and not defined but defined in the Act shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them.
- The permission for establishment of a new or higher
course of study, etc.- No medical college shall,-
- open a new or higher course of study or training (including a post graduate course of study or training) which would enable a student of such course or training to qualify himself for the award of any recognised medical qualification; or
- increase admission capacity in any course of study or training (including a post-graduate course of study or training); except after obtaining the previous permission of the Central Government by submitting Scheme annexed to these regulations.
- In these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires,-